Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day....

I hope everyone had a great labor day. Mine was uneventful....I just relaxed and just stared at the pile of papers on my desk and the pile of clothes in our bedroom. My BIL Wes left home on Saturday after a week long visit. We went to Magic Mountain and up to Big Bear and out to eat and just had a good time. It will be back to the grind for all of us.

I need to get more organized around our home which means I need to get more motivated. What does motivation consist of?

Psychology Today states that:

"Motivation is literally the desire to do things. It's the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day. It's the crucial element in setting and attaining goals—and research shows you can influence your own levels of motivation and self-control. So figure out what you want, power through the pain period, and start being who you want to be."http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/motivation

There is a lot of really good information here. I will read it.....as soon as I get motivated. Right now, I am tired and I need to get some rest.

I will end with this scripture:

Romans 12:1-2
[ Place Your Life Before God ] So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. (The Message)

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment