Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Beginnings

Hello to everyone!

I hope this finds you all happy and feeling well. I have not posted in awhile so here is a quick update:

I had a great Thanksgiving; I was off before the holiday and the day after Thanksgiving....8 days total! It was nice to be off and do stuff around the house. In my previous posting I had mentioned that I withdrew from LLU. I had applied to three other universities and I guess the third time was a charm and I was granted conditional admission to Walden University. Walden U is a online university and the program is different from what I wanted to be in but in the long haul will still work for me. I am in their Family Nurse Practitioner Program and will start on December 3rd,  2012. I should say that it is partially online at least in the beginning. When it comes time for clinicals, I will be going to those. I am excited for many reasons; first, I was going to wait until about March 2013 to restart. I had been praying on and off that when God wanted me to return back to school that He would let me know and He would make a way. Well, I was speaking with an advisor and she said that because I had previous graduate experience, I was eligible for a $5000.00 grant. I spoke with Phil and we decided that I should go for it. The second reason being that if God wants to make something happen, he will. I am so thankful and grateful for God for this second chance!

I have to work for the next two days, so I am making this short. I just wanted to share this with those who might be interested. 

Blessings,
Lisa

~Colossians 3:16
The Message (MSG)
15-17 Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment