Saturday, August 3, 2013

Life can give you a sucker punch when you least expect it

 I had something happen while Phil was gone to his conference in Las Vegas. I was feeling well---actually doing quite well. I finished almost an entire assignment I had to do before Thursday and thought I would go and get something to eat. As I turned to lock our front door, I got the sucker punch that I wasn't expecting. There, taped to our front door, were three papers. I quickly glanced at them and felt as if I had the rug pulled clean out from under me. Phrases such as "if you don't understand this, get yourself a lawyer" and "Your house will be auctioned off to the highest bidder on August 28, 2013 at 9:00 am"........I felt like I was going to lose it.

Have you ever had your anxiety go from a 1 to 25 in about 30 seconds? That was my experience. I quickly called Phil and gave him the news and told myself that there was NO WAY IN HELL that I was going back and re-living the year 2011. NO WAY. I caught my breath and I went out and got some dinner although I didn't have much of an appetite after that.

I realize that people have so much happening in their lives. Phil and I have been struggling to keep our heads above water for the past 3+ years financially. I was literally numb inside for awhile. Nip this in the bud Lisa---you can do this. God will give you the strength. Stay strong--not in your own strength. I listened to my music and I also contacted Holly for an appointment. I needed to talk to her and just get out how I was feeling. I made it through the night--praise God.

Music just helps me stay afloat and it did that night. Thank you God for music.....I needed it so bad.

Phil sent me a text and it said: We WILL get through this.

And we WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment